Wednesday 2 April 2008

Swiss 'Snow Caps' tooth powder

I've just tried out another tooth powder recipe I came across in Valerie Ann Worwood's 'The Complete Book of Essential Oils & Aromatherapy'. Apparently it's based on an old Swiss recipe and is supposed to help keep the teeth white. The ingredients are:
  • 1 tablespoon of ground dried orange peel
  • 2 teaspoons of ground dried sage
  • 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
  • 1 teaspoon of salt (I use Himalayan rock salt)
  • 5 drops of lemon essential oil
  • 5 drops of peppermint (it said 1 drop in the original recipe, but I didn't believe it)
I only had dried orange peel in chunks so I had to put it through the coffee grinder (I don't think it was too impressed... and, no, I don't use it for coffee! LOL). I just tried this out and first impression were good. 

There's also a suggestion to mix in 15 drops of myrrh tincture (into which you've mixed 1 drop of myrrh essential oil) if you have gum problems.

Share on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I'm giving this one the thumbs down. :-( It is pleasant tasting and seems to clean reasonably well, but... the experience is not great. It makes a mess of your toothbrush, the sink and by the time you notice it's left bits in your teeth it will have you longing to ditch the DIY and buy in some Colgate! Sorry, Snow Caps - nice name, but you've been sacked.

    ReplyDelete