Monday 7 April 2008

Nettle soup

I don't usually get into cooking on this blog, but as it's herbal cooking I think it qualifies! LOL Following my nettle picking expedition today I'm now making nettle soup. I think this is a make-it-up-as-you-go-along kind of recipe so this is roughly what's gone in it:
  • As as stock base I've chopped up half a small potato, half an onion, half a carrot and a piece of bacon - these are cooking in a little olive oil and butter on a very low heat.
  • When they are softened I'll add the colander full of fresh nettle leaves and some water and leave it to simmer gently for a while. Salt and pepper as required.
  • And then put it in the blender. Et voila!
What I don't have in the fridge, which I think would work well, is a bit of cream mixed in and perhaps a little nutmeg. Next time!

It's pretty much like having spinach soup. Tasty and very healthy feeling.

Share on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment